Blake Academy Mentoring Program is in need of mentors. We focus on working with students who need a little additional assistance with their reading and writing skills. Mentors are needed Monday-Thursday 12:00-12:50 & 12:55-1:45. Pick the day(s) and time(s) that works best for you. No prior experience is needed. It will be necessary for you to become a Polk County School Board Approved Volunteer. If you are interested in helping first and/or second grade students become more successful in the classroom, please contact the school at 499-2870.
Read all about it! The Blake Academy monthly newsletter is here.
The Uniform Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, etc.
Bottoms: khaki/tan or blue jeans
- shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- khaki/tan pants or shorts are to be worn Monday – Thursday
- jeans may be worn on Friday only unless otherwise specified
- must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric
- Pants will be hemmed-no cut-offs or frayed edges-free from tears
- NO holes or cut offs allowed.
Tops: Collared Burgundy polo with Blake emblem
- must have long or short sleeves
- knit polo-type
- Blake Friday t-shirts are OK on Friday (available through the school office)
Other dress code rules
- a belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- hooded sweatshirts and jackets are allowed but must be free from designs– Black only
- shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- clothing or footwear that is construed by the principal or designee as hazardous or dangerous to the health of the student or others can be prohibited
- clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist; clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
- school administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules
- MANDATORY tennis shoes on Physical Education days
- Natural hair color only
- Student IDs must be worn and visible around the neck
- Shoes must be closed toed and closed heel
If you have any questions regarding our dress code, please feel free to contact the main office at (863) 499-2870.
In an effort to minimize distractions and increase learning, this year at Blake all cell phones and other electronic devices are to be away in a backpack while on campus. Electronics may be used for educational purposes during class if the teacher has allowed it. Any emergency communications can be made by calling the office.
Find out everything you need to know about what your child is doing at school in one easy place, the parent portal. Already signed up for the Parent Portal? Click here to log in. Need to get signed up? Click here for the Parent_Portal_PIN_Request_Form. Want to learn more? Click here.
Accelerated Programs | Staff | Polk County Public Schools
All Polk County Public Schools provide educational options that provide academically challenging curriculum or accelerated instruction to all eligible K-12 students and inform parents and students of these options. As defined by this legislation, Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options must include:
- whole grade and mid-year promotion
- subject matter acceleration
- virtual instruction in higher level grade subjects
- a high school Credit Acceleration Program (CAP) via End of Course Exams (EOC)
Parent/Guardian must contact their child’s school to submit a Request for Academic Acceleration form prior to June 11th to request acceleration screening for placement the following school year.