Orientation Day is coming soon! Come and meet your teachers, see the classrooms, find out bus information, buy uniforms, sweatshirts and Friday shirts and meet some friends. Our elementary students and parents can stop by from 9:00 until 11. Our middle school students and parents can come by between 1:00 and 3:00. We can’t wait to see you there!
We will begin selling burgundy (elementary students) and the new California blue (middle school students) uniform shirts on July 23 in the school office. All polo shirts will be $15. We also have Friday shirts on sale for $7 t-shirts. Cash only! The school office is open Monday – Thursday 8:00 am until 4:00 pm. Get yours early and beat the rush at orientation.
Blake Academy is proud to introduce our new principal, Dr. Ruth Reimer. Dr. Reimer grew up in Lakeland. She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida, her Master’s from Nova Southeastern University and her Doctorate from National Louis University. She has worked for Polk County schools for 17 years. She is married and has five children and two grandchildren. She loves the beach and watching college football (especially the Florida Gators).
We are making some changes in the Crossing Guard morning and afternoon schedules for the next school year. Guards will be on duty for one hour in the morning from 6:55 until 7:55 am and for 30 minutes in the afternoon from 2:45 – 3:15 p.m.
Now is the time to watch the sales to get the best price on school supplies. Click here to find out what you will need to be ready for the new school year.
Polk County Public Schools will NOT be imposing a districtwide ban on backpacks and lunchboxes, and will NOT be requiring clear backpacks or lunchboxes for the 2018-19 school year.
The 3rd grade FSA ELA scores have been received. Promotion/retention letters will be available for pick up at Blake Academy between noon and 4 p.m. today, Friday, May 25.
Promotion/retention letters can also be picked up at your child’s school next week, between 8 A.M. and 4 P.M Tuesday through Friday. Any letters not picked up by June 4 will be mailed home along with report cards.
Blake Academy Mentoring Program is in need of mentors. We focus on working with students who need a little additional assistance with their reading and writing skills. Mentors are needed Monday-Thursday 12:00-12:50 & 12:55-1:45. Pick the day(s) and time(s) that works best for you. No prior experience is needed. It will be necessary for you to become a Polk County School Board Approved Volunteer. If you are interested in helping first and/or second grade students become more successful in the classroom, please contact the school at 499-2870.
The Uniform Dress Code does not allow for clothing with colored trim, stripes, embroidery, decoration, etc. It also does not provide for overalls (overalls with pants or shorts), sweat pants, knit pants/skirts, etc.
Bottoms: khaki/tan or blue jeans
- shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, skirted jumpers
- khaki/tan pants or shorts are to be worn Monday – Thursday
- jeans may be worn on Friday only unless otherwise specified
- must be plain, solid-color twill, corduroy or denim fabric
- Pants will be hemmed-no cut-offs or frayed edges-free from tears
- NO holes or cut offs allowed.
Tops: Collared Burgundy polo with Blake emblem for K-5
Tops: Collared Sapphire polo with Blake emblem for 6-8
- must have long or short sleeves
- knit polo-type
- Blake Friday t-shirts are OK on Friday (available through the school office)
Other dress code rules
- a belt is required if the garment has belt loops
- shirts (including t-shirts) must be tucked in
- hooded sweatshirts and jackets are allowed but must be free from designs– Black only
- shorts/skirts must be mid-thigh or longer
- clothing or footwear that is construed by the principal or designee as hazardous or dangerous to the health of the student or others can be prohibited
- clothes must be appropriate size, with waist of garment worn at student’s waist; clothing that is too tight or too loose is not appropriate for school
- school administrators will determine if clothing is appropriate for school and complies with district rules
- MANDATORY tennis shoes on Physical Education days
- Natural hair color only
- Student IDs must be worn and visible around the neck
- Shoes must be closed toed and closed heel
If you have any questions regarding our dress code, please feel free to contact the main office at (863) 499-2870.
In an effort to minimize distractions and increase learning, this year at Blake all cell phones and other electronic devices are to be away in a backpack while on campus. Electronics may be used for educational purposes during class if the teacher has allowed it. Any emergency communications can be made by calling the office.
Accelerated Programs | Staff | Polk County Public Schools
All Polk County Public Schools provide educational options that provide academically challenging curriculum or accelerated instruction to all eligible K-12 students and inform parents and students of these options. As defined by this legislation, Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options must include:
- whole grade and mid-year promotion
- subject matter acceleration
- virtual instruction in higher level grade subjects
- a high school Credit Acceleration Program (CAP) via End of Course Exams (EOC)
Parent/Guardian must contact their child’s school to submit a Request for Academic Acceleration form prior to June 11th to request acceleration screening for placement the following school year.